Hyundai Motor Company is looking to strengthen its team in Brussels and seeks applications from suitably qualified candidates. The intention is that the successful candidate takes up the appointment as soon as possible.
• This is a full-time position
• The reporting line is to the Director HMCB
The successful candidate will complement the work of other team members in:
• Facilitating access to members of the European institutions to allow Hyundai to understand the regulatory context for its business
• Addressing the interests of other stakeholders including those of non- governmental organizations
• Working to communicate those positions to key opinion formers both directly and through organizations of which Hyundai is a member
• Showing these activities to senior management within the wider company by means of regular reports
• Representing the company in assigned working groups of ACEA, BusinessEurope, and other membership organizations
• Reporting HMCB activities in ACEA and BusinessEurope to top management month by month
• Working directly with parliamentarians, officials and other opinion formers to ensure better mutual understanding
• Participating in public debates in the Brussels relevant to Hyundai's business
THE EXPECTED PROFILE
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of work with the European institutions ideally in the automobile or an automobile-related sector
• A very good understanding of European political and policy processes
• Ability to grasp technical issues quickly and to represent the company's position on them
• Knowledge of mobility policy in general and road transport in particular
• An individual and enthusiastic contribution to the work of a small team based in the centre of Brussels
• Fluency in written English and competence in other languages.
• A remuneration package commensurate with experience including pension contributions, health insurance, company car etc
Interested? Please send a letter of motivation and CV by email to the manager of the Brussels office, Ms K-H Jang, at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 September 2012.