Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and the voice of the European chemical industry. It aims at maintaining and developing a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels, employs more than 150 persons and represents the European chemical industry vis-à-vis the EU Institutions and International organisations.
We are looking for a (M/F)
Manager International Chemicals Management
The Manager International Chemicals Management will:
1. Liaise with international organisations dealing with chemical safety (UNEP, UNITAR, WHO, OECD etc.) and represent EU chemical industry interests.
2. Facilitate and coordinate members' participation in and contributions to UN events and processes related to chemicals management.
3. Contribute to the development of common regulatory principles and help spread those across developing countries and emerging economies.
4. Help implement the Global Product Strategy (GPS) in Europe.
5. Report to and stand in for the Executive Director International Chemicals Management.
Background and experience
• University degree in natural sciences, engineering, political sciences or business administration,
• 5 years track record of successful experience in a Cefic member company or federation
Skills & competencies
• Fluent written and spoken English and good knowledge of at least one other European language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Result oriented team player with pronounced customer focus
• Preference to work for federations in the political arenas in Europe and internationally
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 15 November 2012 to:
Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org